Tuesday, January 25, 2011

You Wouldn't....

I wrote this one night when I got home from school and I was tired of people making fun of a kid in my class.

You wouldn't step on a daisy, just because it's missing a petal.
You wouldn't throw out perfect piece of paper.
You wouldn't take back a damaged book.
You wouldn't give away your sick pet.
 So, how come people think it's okay to treat people differently just because they're "different", "broken", "damaged", or "sick". Just because they aren't like us, doesn't mean they don't feel love, hate, happiness, sadness and all the other feelings. Just because they aren't "normal" doesn't mean that they don't have the capacity to learn, yes it takes longer, but they'll still learn the same as you. So how about we stop stepping on their self-esteem? Why not help them? Talk to them? Love them for who they are and not what this world has labeled them as?  They ARE people. They have feelings and they have sadness, when you mock them. So, the next time you think about making a mean, hurtful comment or remark about my brother and others like him, hold your tongue, imagine being in their shoes. "Do unto others as you would want them to do unto you."
Because I say, my Pumpkin boy is PERFECT! And I bet I can get alot more people to agree with me.
Down Syndrome is a TRUE blessing!

I love you Pumpky, and will ALWAYS be here for you! Standing up for you and anything else you need!
Love Sissy.

No comments:

Post a Comment