Sunday, May 1, 2011

Why?

I wrote this poem for English and I read it at a poetry Jam at one of the K-8 schools, I hope some of the kids/teachers really listened to it...

Why?
By Amanda Nine

I don't understand
  why people hate
  why people fight
  why people kill
  why there is war.

Most of all
  why people distcrimante
  and underestimate
  why children are being thrown away
  Without having anybody to say,
  "I love you"
  Why children suffer and just are
  Why they are tied
  To their cribs
  Left to die
  Why people treat others bad
  Because of the way they look
  Or life they've had
  Why people it's okay to laugh
  When they don't like to be laughed at.
  Why hate grows and grows
  Making once friends now foes.

What I do understand is
  The love a family gives
  the laughs that siblings share.
  the way we don't care
  what others think
  The hope of a new arrival
  a brother, summer
  the joy of being together
  even in this crazy weather.

I might not understand a lot,
But thats okay I live.
Read my other poetry at, http://prettypoetryx9.blogspot.com/

Love them like Jesus,
And have a blessed night!
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment